Wir suchen für unseren Kunden, die Emerson Automation Solutions, am Standort Langenfeld einen Control System Lead Engineer (m/w/d).
Emerson Automation Solutions ist ein weltweit führender und hochinnovativer Solutions Provider auf sämtlichen Ebenen der Prozessautomatisierung mit Syncade/MES sowie Level 3/4 Software/Digital Twin Lösungen integriert und optimiert Emerson Produktionsprozesse in der Pharma- und Life Science Industrie.
Da wir Ihnen die Mitarbeit in einem internationalen Umfeld anbieten, lesen Sie bitte den Stelleninhalt nachfolgend auf Englisch:
Summary of Role
As member of the Project Management team on a Project you are responsible for managing the delivery of a portfolio of project related engineering deliverables, utilizing the Emerson Process Management global resources and standards; each deliverable having a requisite quality standard, budget and schedule. Coordinate in detail the project team.
As a Lead Engineer you shall fully support the overall business growth objectives by utilizing their skills and experience to support the sales and proposals team in the pursuit of new business opportunities.
Principle Job Responsibilities
- Customer Relations – supports the relevant Project Lead or Project Manager in understanding, managing and achieving each customer’s expectations
- Project Execution – takes ownership of the engineering activities on all allocated deliverables and proactively utilize methodologies, resources and techniques for minimising the execution cost, whilst maintaining the requisite schedule and quality standard
- Project Management – supports the Project Lead or Project Manager in the development of a realistic and achievable project schedule and provide them with all necessary information to ensure that they are fully informed of resource requirements, progress and areas of risk for the Lead Engineer’s allocated engineering deliverables
- Communications – focal point for all technical communication with the customer for the assigned deliverables and ensures that all team members allocated to the Lead Engineer, inclusive of any third parties, are provided with all necessary and relevant information – details of scope, schedule, technical specifications and quality standards – to effectively deliver their allotted work
- Procurement – supports the Project Lead or Project Manager in the development of the procurement list, including detailed specifications for any sub-contracted works and services where relevant, along with required delivery dates
- Scope control – fully understands the scope of work for all allocated engineering deliverables and ensure that it is delivered to the requisite quality, budget and schedule and that the relevant Project Lead or Project Manager is fully informed, at the earliest opportunity, of any customer-initiated changes in scope
- HSE/Quality control – ensures that all engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company’s quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved – adheres to company’s and customer HSEQ standards at all times
- Team building – supports the Project Lead or Project Manager in the creation of an inclusive and supportive environment for all personnel within the project team and actively support team members in achieving any personal development objectives that may have been set for the project
- Proposals/sales support – actively contributes to any assigned bid activities to ensure that the customer’s requirements are fully understood and that innovative and cost-effective solutions are proposed
- Suppliers – supports the Project Lead or Project Manager with respect to the management of the other parties – product vendors, sub-contractors, other Emerson teams and third parties undertaking work on behalf of a customer – that are providing products and services associated with the Lead Engineer’s portfolio of deliverables
- Technical knowledge – acquires, maintains and actively shares knowledge and experience with the engineering team and the wider organisation
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Preferred education: completed vocational training in the area of automation technology
- Or Engineering degree or state-certified technician or Meister or equivalent knowledge
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience with a proven track record of managing system design, implementation and factory/site acceptance test phases of projects (process automation, systems and instrumentation), with advanced knowledge of DCS / SCADA systems or PLCs;
- Ability and talent to lead a technical team – with leadership experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and within defined timelines
- Extensive experience with direct customer contact and managing expectations
- Valid driving license for cars
- Local language skills with proficient English (verbal and written); excellent communicator
- Willingness to travel as needed, shorter (few days) and longer travels (weeks)
Wir freuen uns auf Sie!
Wenn Sie sich in dieser Stellenbeschreibung wiederfinden, bewerben Sie sich bitte per E-Mail mit Ihren vollständigen englischen Bewerbungsunterlagen (Lebenslauf, Zeugnisse).